Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting Your Passport Fast...

My passport will be expire in 2 months time... and had been pending and postponing to go and renew it. This is due to few reasons...the crowd that will be pile up by 9pm when you reach there and also laziness :)

So.. on Monday I decided to make a stand and just do it :) SO.. I a half day off and "try" to wake up early than usual time.. work up at 6am... but in the end due to "certain" reason that I cannot disclose here... :) by the time I arrive the immigration office it is already 9am!!

Ok ... I walk in to the information counter and let them check on my documents... seem like I miss out my photocopy IC.... the officer told me at the back of the office do have a copy machine service... so I just go over and check it out.... and as expected... LONG Queue.... people are queuing there for photo taking and copying their IC... all in the same queue.... so sad....


I actually try to see how long the wait was and look at the progress... counted.. there were about 12 people in front of me!.... so i don't think i want to wait for that long.... to cut the story short.... people who just want to get a photocopy of their IC, can walk down the street there is one shop does have a copier machine :) it charge 40cents only :) (slightly higher compare to the normal rate, but what the heck, at 9am others shop still not open)


By the time I got back to the immigration office, it is already 9.10am :) still not too bad... the officer check list:
2 x Photos = Check
Old passport = Check
1x photocopy IC= Check
Money (RM300) = Check


Ok, please go to Counter 12 and ask for Kiosk!

KIOSK??!!! wow... it was my first time man.. immigration got Kiosk! :)

So... went over to counter 12 and the guy lead me to the Kiosk... quite cool.. and I actually "cut queue" as no one was there ahead and immediately i can get my passport process :)


What you need to do is fill up your mobile phone number, and your IC number, and of course your name onto the envelop...then put your photos and photocopy IC hem into the ready envelop. Slot in your passport to the kiosk... slot in your IC for verification.... check your thumb print... then confirm all the detail in the system are correct ...the machine will prompt you for payment... so they accept CASH only!!.... after your payment insert your passport into the envelop seal it...last... drop in the envelop at the Kiosk.... Walla! You got your renewal passport ready for process!


After you put in everything they will give you a slip... and your passport will be ready after 2 hours! you can then go for your breakfast!....

So by the time I complete that... it was just 9.15am! time for breakfast ! :)
Imagine all these can be done within 5 mins!


After 2 hours which is around11.30am... go to the info officer, get the queue number, drop your slip to counter 8... and wait for your number to be called... within few minutes... you will get your new passport!

:) That Simple! :)






No comments: